“Above and beyond addressing emerging needs, South East CDC wants to cultivate a new corporate giving culture; where the haves move beyond one-time giving to building purposeful and lasting relationships with the community. This will shift the local notion of “Corporate Social Responsibility” to “Corporate Social Ownership”. We want Corporate Organisations to own the process of building community with us”
Dr Mohamad Maliki Osman
Mayor, South East District
South East CDC works closely with corporate organisations and community partners to address community issues.
As a grounded organisation, South East CDC looks at how corporate partners can play a role in customising targeted interventions to meet ground needs.
Examples of Corporate Contributions are:
• Co-create programmes or/and staff engagement
- Citi-SE CDC Moneywise Programme
- NTUC Income’s Orange Aid South East Learning Family Programme
- Corporate Community Laboratory
- Work with CapitaLand Kids’ Food Fund to ensure that children from families in crisis are given better nutrition.
- Work with SMRT’s Gift of Mobility to provide transportation aid for the ill and less-mobile residents.
• Product Donations under our *5E programmes:
- Fairprice Walk for Rice
- 3M Step Up Challenge
- CP Skips for Good Food
- Panasonic Heartland E-waste Recycling Programme
Other than the current programmes available, we are looking for more fund sponsorships, employment and training opportunities to reach out and benefit more residents in our South East district.
*5E stands for using an Easy and Enjoyable activity that Encourages widespread participation within the community which Earns sponsorships for the needy. In doing so, SE CDC also Enlarges the value of the giving and thus enabling us to Enhance the community ownership and spirit.