South East District Adults Network is formed in 2012 with the aim of creating opportunities for working adults to bond and interact through a series of courses and interactive activities.
With changing demographics and community needs, SEDAN has evolved to focus on building a core group of community activists who are working adults and committed in their passion to continually develop themselves and the community.
With their wealth of experiences, expertise and ideas, they plan and implement community projects to benefit the less-fortunate residents in the South East District. Every year, the committee will plan a camp to build the capability of working adults and to facilitate collaborations amongst working adult groups such as Project Happy Feet, Team Camp Vision.
- Signature Green Movement by Alice, Chairperson of SEDAN, where she imparts terrarium skills to the community.
- Character-building classes by City Developments Limited (CDL) staff for children from Serangoon Moral Family Service Centre.
- A dance instructor, Kelvin Toh, initiated weekly Latin Dance classes to build confidence amongst children and youths from low-income families.
- Project Halo by Chin Choon Khim, which looks at craft sessions for underprivileged children aged 7-12 years old from Touch Young Arrows at Marine Crescent Ville RC and Braddell Heights Zone “F” RC Centre.
- Dining in the Dark by Vincent, a project which looks into raising self-awareness, educating students about challenges faced by the visually challenged individuals.