|Caregiver Support Fund
The South West Caregiver Support Fund is an interim assistance to help caregivers defray self-care and caregiving expenses, i.e. one-time upfront funding of $500 per caregiver. The eligibility criteria and administration of the South West Caregiver Support Fund is similar to the CDC local schemes and will take effect from January 2019.
Interested residents to approach nearest CC or call 6316 1616 for more information.
- Singapore Citizen or at least one (1) immediate family member is a Singapore Citizen;
- Resident of South West District;
- Caregiver and Care Recipient reside in the same household;
- Care recipient requires assistance in at least three (3) of the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) - washing, feeding, dressing, toileting and mobility;
- Total Gross Monthly Household Income of $3,500 or Per Capita Income (PCI) of $875, whichever is lower; and
- Discretion of the Grassroots Leaders/Volunteers for residents with exceptional family and financial difficulties.
|South West Caregiver Care Guide
A Guide to provide information and tips to help caregivers look after their loved ones
as well as take care of their own emotional health, highlighting:
- Assess your home environment
- Seek Help from a medical social worker
- Keep a copy of the discharge summary
- Care for yourself
- Arrangements for care
- Engaged loved ones in conversation
|South West Caregiver-Friendly Workplace Advisory
A guide for employers to make workplaces more friendly for caregivers, through practical ideas like flexi-work arrangements, put together with the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) and Workforce Singapore.
|South West Cares Referral Guide
The South West Care Referral Guide (revised edition) is a guide for community volunteers to support caregivers with caregiving support information and services.
|Live Well, Age Well Calendar 2019
A Calendar with tips covering aspects on physical wellness, mental and social wellness, caregiving tips (new) and financial planning and advice.
|AIC Go Respite
Go Respite is a new pilot programme that encourages caregivers to plan ahead and identify a suitable respite care that is able to meet their needs and those of their loved ones. Caregivers can pre-enrol with their preferred senior care centre or nursing home and complete some necessary pre-admission applications in advance. This shortens the time it takes to access respite care when you need it. Caregivers whose loved ones is successfully pre-enroled can contact their preferred service provider directly should they require respite care. Visit www.silverpages.sg/gettingrespite to learn more about Go Respite and pre-enrol today!