Caregiving @ South West aims to rally the community to Celebrate caregivers and caregiving;Support caregivers; and Empower a caring community.
-Caregiving @ South West Collar Pin
-Caregiving @ South West Roadshows
-Caregiving @ South West Help Kit
(i)South West Caregiver Support Fund
An interim assistance to help caregivers defray self-care and caregiving expenses, i.e. one-time upfront funding of $500 per caregiver. The eligibility criteria and administration of the South West Caregiver Support Fund is similar to the CDC local schemes and will take effect from January 2019.
- Singapore Citizen or at least one (1) immediate family member is a Singapore Citizen;
- Resident of South West District;
- Caregiver and Care Recipient reside in the same household;
- Care recipient requires assistance in at least three (3) of the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) - washing, feeding, dressing, toileting and mobility;
- Total Gross Monthly Household Income of $3,500 or Per Capita Income (PCI) of $875, whichever is lower; and
- Discretion of the Grassroots Leaders/Volunteers for residents with exceptional family and financial difficulties.
Kindly click here to apply for the South West Caregiver Support Fund.
(ii)South West Caregiver Care Guide
A Guide to provide information and tips to help caregivers look after their loved ones
as well as take care of their own emotional health, highlighting:
- Assess your home environment
- Seek Help from a medical social worker
- Keep a copy of the discharge summary
- Care for yourself
- Arrangements for care
- Engaged loved ones in conversation
Click here to view the South West Caregiver Care Guide.
(iii)South West Caregiver-Friendly Workplace Advisory
A guide for employers to make workplaces more friendly for caregivers, through practical ideas like flexi-work arrangements, put together with the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) and Workforce Singapore.
Click here to view the Advisory.
(iv) South West Cares Referral Guide
The South West Care Referral Guide (revised edition) is a guide for community volunteers to support caregivers with caregiving support information and services.
Click here to view the South West Cares Referral Guide.
-South West Caregivers Hotline to support caregivers on caregiving-related enquiries and for volunteers to sign up for Respite Day Out